About Mathematics programming support
Mathematics programming K-6 forms part of the support for the policy Curriculum Planning, Programming, Assessing and Reporting to Parents K-12. The policy was developed following implementation of the recommendations of the Eltis Report, Time to Teach, Time to Learn. The three sections of this policy emphasise the importance of linking effective curriculum planning and programming with assessing and reporting to parents.
K-6 Mathematics programming support Curriculum planning framework with programming support K-6 includes:
K-6 Mathematics programming support on the Mathematics Programming support website includes:
- making connections in Mathematics – a guideline to programming and an overview of available resources
- a yearly overview, term scope and sequence and weekly programming planner
- a continuum of learning in Mathematics for each strand and sub strand – links to key ideas, sample teaching activities, available BOS and DET resources, connections to other strands, learning objects, planned assessment, annotated work samples
To Mathematics Programming Support (Full version available on DET intranet only)
Fractions section Mathematics Programming Support is available on the Internet.
These resources can be used to:
- plan for quality teaching in Mathematics
- engage in stage based discussion on how to best meet the needs of students
- discuss, as a school staff, the continuum of learning across stages for each sub strand
- trial the suggested assessment tasks
- engage in a process of moderation with colleagues using the work samples provided